GRADES PK-5 and MIDDLE SCHOOL
What is Aftercare?
Bethany Christian School offers Aftercare services for those unable to pick up their children during dismissal. At 3:15 PM (or as soon as dismissal is complete), all remaining students will be escorted to the respective Aftercare locations. In an effort to ensure personalized attention and student safety, the preschool, elementary, and middle school students will gather in separate locations. Typically, preschool students will gather in the preschool wing; elementary students will gather in the Fellowship Hall; and middle school students will gather in the media center (next to the playground).
After attendance is taken, students will spend roughly 30-40 minutes reading quietly or completing homework assignments. Staff members will circulate among the students to assist them with any needs. Afterward, weather permitting, the students will be provided with an outlet to have fun and to play together.
Without a punch card, the Aftercare service costs $20 per child each day. Families with three or more children will not be charged more than $40 per day. Aftercare will begin on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 and end on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
The Aftercare program hours are 3:15 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. If a child is picked up before 3:30 P.M., there will not be a charge. Aftercare is not available on early dismissal days, when school is not in session (i.e. teacher workdays), holidays or when the school is closed. If a child is not picked up by 3:15 P.M., he/she will automatically go into the Aftercare program until the parent arrives.
- Please be diligent to pick up your children prior to 5:30 PM. For every minute that a parent is late, a $1.00 fee will be assessed.
Aftercare Punch Card Policy & Pricing
Bethany has created a punch card system to assist families throughout the school year. Punch cards may be purchased at the Front Office (8th Street entrance). Payment is due in full upon purchase of the card. A family must purchase a card with a minimum block of five or more punch slots on it. The prices are as follows:
- 5 punches= $100.00 / 10 punches= $200.00 / 30 punches= $600.00
- 1st Qtr. (41 punches) 7% discount = $762.60 (Save $57.40)
- 2nd Qtr. (40 punches) 7% discount= $744.00 (Save $56.00)
- 1st Semester (81 punches) 15% discount= $1377.00 (save $243.00)
- 3rd Qtr. (49 punches) 7% discount= $911.40 (Save $68.60)
- 4th Qtr. (37 punches) 7% discount= $688.20 (Save $51.80)
- 2nd Semester (86 punches) 15% discount = $1462.00 (Save $258.00)
- Full Year (165 punches) 25% discount= $2475 (Save $825.00)
- Punch cards designated for a school quarter or semester can be rolled over into the next school quarter or semester until used up.
Once a card is purchased it becomes NON-REFUNDABLE. The card is good for the entire school year, but expires on the last full day of school. Any punches remaining on the card at the end of the year become null and void and are non-refundable.
Each day that a child uses the aftercare program, it will serve as one punch, and the facilitator will record the date on the punch card. Punch cards will be kept with the Aftercare teacher on duty.
The card is for use by one family only and is non-transferable. Each child, who stays in the Aftercare program, will use one punch card (e.g. 2 children equals 2 punches). Each additional child in that family will not be charged.
Children who are enrolled in extracurricular programs may use the punch to stay after the dismissal of the activity. Please note there is a 15 minute grace period to pick children up once the extracurricular program has ended.